Tuesday, November 25, 2014

(3) Potential Research Topics and (4) Their Cases Supporting and Opposing it.

http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-issues-display?id=S74-104862-0-8240


3. Choose five topics that you think are potential research topics for your paper and briefly (in 2 to 5 sentences) explain why these topics are of interest to you.

3. The five research topics that interest me include:
1. Technology because I'm interested in science and computers, and would prefer to explore the technology in computers and software. Technology is something major in my life I can't live without, so it is a relevant topic. I want to explore its impact and history on specific inventions.
2. Climate change because I want to explore ways to improve the effects Global Warming has on the environment. It has caught my interest since Living Environment, and I want to learn more on the factors that have a positive or negative effect on weather patterns.
3. Journalism and School Censorship because I know what it's like to be a writer for the newspaper, so this topic can be a potential strength of mine to explore. I also am opposed to school censorship, and would want to explore why it's wrong, and describe the importance of school newspapers.
4. Labor Unions because I am opposed to union organizations and believe negotiations can be made by businesses and workers alone. Since I'm in Economics, it gives me an advantage with the things I'm learning about stocks and businesses.
5. Space Missions because I'm fascinated by astronomy and space exploration because of Science textbooks, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. I would describe whether it's crucial for NASA to continue space exploration.


4. What cases can be made for or against X?


4. 1- A case that would support technology is it has benefited the learning process for students; how has it helped them to apply to colleges. A case that would oppose it is that how has technology override people's live outside.  
2- A case that would support climate change is that human activities, such as greenhouse gas emissions, are causing global warming. A case that would oppose it is that Global warming is the result of a cyclical change in the weather.
3- A case that would support Journalism and School Censorship is that student journalists serve equal purpose in a democracy as professional journalists. A case that would oppose it is that student journalists must still abide by the rules of their institutions.
4- A case that would support Labor Unions is that labor unions are needed to protect worker rights. A case that would oppose it is that labor unions are an anticompetitive force in the markets.
5- A case that would support Space Missions is that it is crucial for the survival of humanity for human spaceflight to continue. A case that would oppose it is that it is a waste of taxpayer money to continue to send man into outer space.




No comments:

Post a Comment